Izzy (and Mama) Eat: The Gourmand Goes To College...

Tales of Empty Nest and College Boy Eats.. The Next Chapter

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Parsnips: Just Make Them

I like parsnips. They have their place in chicken soup and somewhere on the Thanksgiving table, yet I must admit, I rarely think of eating them as a side dish. I changed my mind about that tonight. I found a bag of parsnips in the fridge, leftover from some overzealous friend who bought extras for my soup.

I needed a side dish for some roasted chicken legs so I followed Nigella's recipe for Parsnips roasted with olive oil and honey. I couldn't tell you what they tasted like but Izzy asked for more.


Roasted Parsnips With Olive Oil and Honey (from Nigella Lawson's, How to Eat)

1 bunch of parsnips, peeled and cut lengthwise in 4 pieces.
olive oil
honey

1. Blanch parsnips for 5 minutes in salted, boiling water. Drain.
2. Spread out on roasting pan and drizzle with oil and honey. Sprinkle with salt.
3. Roast at 425 F. for 30 minutes, until browned on outside, soft and moist inside.

No comments: